Thursday 17 January 2013

Change for a better future




I always bring my own lunch during school days from my nursery days until now.  I always pack my lunch and bring utensils thinking that in this way not only did I save money; I also helped the environment by not using plastic utensils and styrofoam. When I learned about the Eco foot print I suddenly realized that even if I am not contributing too much in the world’s destruction I still do. It is unfortunate that it is our fault that our environment is in this bad condition so we should act and do something about it. From now on, I will help in my simple way in saving our nature. While I always bring my own utensils and lunch box to school, I still place my spoon and fork in a small clear plastic. I now realized how much plastic I have used if I have been doing this since nursery. So now, I started to use a non-disposable container for my utensils. In this way I would totally stop using disposable materials for my lunch. This might sound very light but thinking about the years that I have used the clear plastic this will be a great start if can continue this for the rest of the time.


from this...

...to this

And if possible i will also minimize the use of other plastic materials  like plastic bags and start using  Eco friendly bags . lessening the use of paper and recycling some will also be a great way to save our environment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment